For Faculty

Enrichment Program offices are open to every UConn student, across all schools and majors. Some programs require an application, such the Honors Program (for admission as a current UConn student), the University Scholar Program, or the Individualized Major Program.

Teaching and Courses

Honors Academics at a Glance

Teach an Honors course

Create an Honors course

Supervise a conversion for a student earning Honors credit in a non-Honors course

Bring an Undergraduate Research expert to speak to your class

Academic Advising

Serve as an advisor to an Individualized Major student (each student applying to the IMJR Program must have three faculty advisors)

Serve on a student’s University Scholar advisory committee (providing guidance on the student’s project and plan of study)

Serve as an Honors advisor (appointed by each department; may also serve as an information source for other faculty in the department)

Quickly access resources needed for Honors advising

Learn more about writing a letter of recommendation for medical school

Research Mentoring

Report research mentorship and other Enrichment Program involvement in HuskyDM

Post a research opportunity to the undergraduate student research board

Supervise an Honors thesis or creative project (you do not have to be an Honors advisor)

Supervise an Individualized Major thesis (you do not have to be one of the student’s advisors)

Encourage Your Students

Remind current students with strong academic records (at any UConn campus) that they may apply to join the Honors Program as rising sophomores or juniors

Advocate the value of applying for the University Scholar Program (an invaluable opportunity for self-directed study, including a research or creative project)

Underscore the benefits of becoming involved in undergraduate research, including available funding

Emphasize the value of prestigious national and international scholarship competitions to both undergraduate and graduate students.

Support interdisciplinary interests that may benefit from an Individualized Major

Suggest that students interested in professional schools contact the Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Center or the Pre-Law Center

Funding Sources

Learn about available funding through the Office of Undergraduate Research (some programs provide faculty stipends; many cover lab or studio supplies used)

Get Involved

Serve as a faculty reviewer for Office of Undergraduate Research funding award applications

Advertise your events to Honors students